Miaoulis Square with the statue of Andrew Miaoulis (1889) in the center and the marble podium of Music (1907) with reliefs of Apollo and the Muses.
The Hall of Syros, one of the largest in Modern Greece, architectural jewel of the German architect Ernst Ziller. Founded in 1876 and completed in 1898.
The Archaeological Museum of Syros Cycladic setting out and Byzantine finds.
The Ecclesiastical Museum of Syros, which housed the Holy Church of Agios Nikolaos and near the church, opposite the war memorial in the small bookstore kipario operates the Metropolis, called “knowledge of God.”
The Industrial Museum of Syros, where one can admire a collection of old machines and tools that currently contains more than 300 items.It is a unique collection of the Greek data with data tanning equipment, mechanical engineering, textile, printing, shipbuilding, Turkish delight, food packaging, etc., which come from the laboratories of Syros. The collection of historical instruments started in 1985.The regular maintenance and restoration work began in 1998 and is wholly Ermoupoli.
The Historical Archive of the Cyclades, whose records date from 1821 and reached scholars and visitors.
The Cultural Centre of Syros (Formerly Club “Hellas”), located on the first floor of a building adjacent to City Hall. Designed by Italian architect Pietro Sampo (1862 – 63). It houses the Museum of Cycladic Art Replicas replying exhibits Cycladic culture.The Grand Ballroom preserved ceiling paintings and murals with cupids and masks.
The Municipal Library in the basement of the Cultural Centre comprises 35,000 titles old and rare books. Kipario In front of the Library, are busts of E. Roides, Agri. Souris, D.Vikelas, Tim. Ambelas and Rita Boumi-Pappas.
The first high school built in modern Greece on the north side of City Hall was founded in 1833. This studied the Eleftherios Venizelos, Peter Protopapadakis, Volanakis, Syngros by a prominent Greeks.
The orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration. Resplendent church basilica with a dome, is chronologically the first temple on the island (1824).
The Orthodox Church of the Assumption, basilica, known as the “Lady of Psara”Is the second chronologically Church of Syros (1828 – 29). It hosts the famous image of the Virgin Mary, the work of El Greco (El Greco).
The building of the Merchant Marine Academy, an imposing marble rectangular three-storey building in the ‘Island’.In this building the first telegraph in Greece in 1858.
The Office – The Transit Store. In the old port buildings dominate the Customs Warehouse and Transit which were built in 1834.Here now are housed, in addition to the Customs, and the Cycladic Art Gallery which was created in 1994.
The Catholic Church of Annunciation. Basilica is built on the principles of l9ou century, the Catholic parish church of Syros.
The Municipal Theatre Apollo. Built in 1864 and is the work of the Italian architect Pietro Sampo. Simple on the outside but with an impressive internal architecture, imitating Italian and French models.
The Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, at the beginning of the axis of the End of Vaporiaand was completed in 1905 after 61 years work. The stately and magnificent temple, among the five largest churches in Greece, is an object of admiration of the visitor.Kipario In front of the church is the monument of Unknown Fighter, the first in Modern Greece that was erected in memory of anonymous fighters of Liberation War of 1821 and is the work of Tinian sculptor G. Vitali (1880). For the busts of shipowners brothers Rethymno, major benefactors of Kassos.
The End of Vaporia considered the prestigious district of the city, elevated, overlooking the Aegean Sea and magnificent neoclassical mansions, houses of bourgeois Ermoupolis 19th century.
The Orthodox cemetery of St. George located in the Naples region of Syros. Lists a number of funerary monuments, chapels, statues, busts. Important also are the other two adjacent cemeteries, the Catholic and this Commonwealth.
The Church of the Resurrection of Christ Byzantine church, a cross with a dome was built between 1879 and 1909 on top of the hill “Dili”, from the right side of the visitor hill which dominates the port of Syros.
The Shipyard or boatyard is building sitesand repair of wooden fishing vessels and in the same area with a large yard of the island, “Neorio.
The Quarantine House, abandoned stone building complex on the southern edge of the harbor area Lazareta.It was built in 1834 designed by Weiler and originally was used for quarantine of travelers coming to the island to protect the natives against cholera and other infectious diseases. From the late 19th century to the early postwar years was used as a prison and as a lunatic asylum.During the Cretan revolution in 1866, was used as a refuge for Cretan refugees.
The Catholic Church of St. George at the top of the hill of Ano Syros is the Catholic cathedral on the island.
Historical Archives of the Catholic Diocese previously housed the Seminary (1837). The file is very important, visited only during the summer months and includes manuscripts of the 16th century.
The Archive of the Municipality of Ano Syroskept well for centuries and shows the proper organization of the first municipality of the Greek state.
The Catholic Monastery of the Capuchin church of St. John built in 1635.
The Catholic monastery of the Jesuits in the Church of Our Lady of Caramel.Built in 1740 has a library with thousands of books, historical documents and rare manuscripts and parchments.
The Catholic Church Sa Bastia (San Sebastian) in the western part of the settlement of Ano Syros.
The Cemetery of Angels (Old Cemetery unbaptized children) in the northern part of the settlement.
The bust of the philosopher Ferekydi Ano Syros and the cave of winter residence in the area Kyperoussa Ano Meria.
The church of Agia Triada and Agios Nikolaos Poor(Unique Orthodox churches in Upper Syros).
Mark Vamvakari Museum and the bust of moneylender popular composer in the square.
The old French Hospital at the foot of Ano Syros.
The Exhibition of Traditional Craftson the high street Don John Stephen.In this report we find the tools of itinerant fisherman, counter to the traditional tools of the shoemaker, the barber’s tools (barber), a full line of woodworking tools from the sigatsa to rip the wood to the other tools that were essential to the carpenter (cabinetmaker and carpenter) and alsoand tools of farm families who for centuries have plowed the earth and gave us bread to thousands of residents. The rural tradition but complements and beekeeping. The island is known as producing very good honey, especially thyme.Here you will find various tools for trygismo cell as smokers, by the strainer strangled honey.
The cape of St. George in the sheltered bay Pear. with the figures carved by hand tempest sailors.
The church of St. Thecla in Mega Yialos.
The neo-classical mansions in Delagratsia (Posidonia) Parakopi, Chroussa, Bishopric with a rich exterior and interior decor and the cool gardens (Giannikoglou Villa, Villa Valmas, house Talaki, Tower Georgiadis Vafeiadaki house, house Velissaropoulos, villas lily, Petritsi, Rethymnon).
The City Hall Posidonia (Tower Georgiadis).
The Catholic Church of St. Peter in Posidonia.
The Orthodox Church of St. John (1860) with busts of G. and T. Veltsos Petrokokkinou Posidonia.
The catholic church of St. PakousGalissas.
The Catholic church of St Stephen which is accessed by boat or by hiking organized by Galissas.
The Aquarium at Kini.
The Orthodox Church of Prophet Elias in Episkopio where he married the writer Elias Venezis.
Women’s Orthodox Monastery of St. Barbara in Kini of looms and weavers report.